Carbon Dioxide constitutes a colourless, odorless and inert gas. During usage, no damage is provoked (contrary to Water or Dry Powder, the use of which can cause important damage to equipment), it is a safe agent for the majority of materials, non – hazardous for food, non – corrosive and non – conductive.
It evaporates completely in a few seconds after the extinguishing procedure and leaves no traces. Consequently, it can be used with no risk to various spaces containing electrical and electronic devices, precious artworks, paintings or manuscripts, flammable liquid warehouses, electric substations, kilns and ovens.Get a Quote
The use of CO2 must be avoided in spaces where humans or animals are, because of its provoking suffocating conditions.
The three – dimension use of CO2 means that it can extinguish fires in vertical and horizontal direction. Its fast diffusion constitutes the key to a successful extinguishment, since it can penetrate through a break on a wall to all secret and remote places regardless of the obstacles that may exist. Carbon Dioxide constitutes a stable commercial product with many other applications and it is widely used all over the world. CO2
Fire Suppression Systems can be automatically or manually activated, while the activation can be effected mechanically, pneumatically or electrically or from another combination of the above depending on existing conditions. CO2 is stored in normal temperature conditions in steel Cylinders. Multiple Cylinder Batteries can be applied to specific under protection areas.
A Common System Consists of:
Steel High Pressure Cylinders, seamless and of various capacities, electrostatically painted in red colour with grey neck. Cylinders are certified according 99/36/EC and EN 1964-1 (π). System Valves pneumatically – manually or electrically activated with pottential use of a fuse. An electrically activated sole noid valve can be used, depending on the needs of the user. Steel Pilot Cylinder 3Lt capacity, containing Nitrogen, with manually fuse activated valve or electrically activated valve depending on the requirements of the user (Pilot Cylinder is used in case of a battery of more than two cylinders). Cylinder is CE Certified according 97/23/EC by TUV (CE0036).
High Pressure Collector, 300bar, Galvanized, its diameter varies from 1¼” to 3”, with ¾” inlet and outlet varying from ¾” to 3”. Non-return valves ¾” – ¾”.
Also provided: Cylinder Bracket, High Pressure Flexible Hoses for connecting the cylinders to each other and to the collector, various types of Nozzles.
- Certified Carbon Dioxide Cylinders 16Lt (12Kg), 40Lt (30Kg), 50Lt (35Kg), 67.5Lt (45Kg) 67.5Lt (50Kg), 80Lt (60Kg) with Valve for Manual or pneumatic activation, Disk Protection and Brackets.
- Certified Cylinder «Pilot» 3Lt (2Kg) with Valve for Manual Electrical or Pneumatic Activation and Bracket.
- Collector’s Pipe section from 1 ¼” to 3”
- Collector’s Tee Cross Section from 1 ¼” to 3”
- Collector’s Cap from 1¼” to 3”
- Collector’s Reducing Coupling ¼” = > ¾” , 2 ”= > 1” 2 ½” = > 1½”, 3 ” = > 2” .
- Non-Return Valve ¾”
- EPDM High Pressure Flexible Hose for Connection of Pilot Cylinder with rest System cylinders.
- EPDM High Pressure Flexible Hose for Connection of the System Cylinders.
- EPDM High Pressure Flexible Hose for Connection of the System Cylinders with the collector.
- EPDM High Pressure Flexible Hose for Connection of a Single Cylinder system with Nozzle’s Network.
- Coupling ( 3/8″ – 3/8″ ) for System Valves
- Discharge Nozzles Local Application
- Discharge Nozzles Total Flooding
- 4-zone Control Panel
- Optical – Acoustic Siren
- Manual Activation Mechanisms
- Extinguish Cancel button
- Heat Detectors (Thermal or Rate-of-Rise)
- Smoke Detectors
- Remote Electrical Extinguish Button
- ISO 9809 – 1 ΕΝ 1964 – 1, π 99/36/ΕC
- CE CYLINDER 97/23/ΕC (TUV)
- COLLECTOR TESTED AT 300 BAR FROM MIRTEC SA